Parent Category: General
Published on Wednesday, 12 May 2010 03:46
Sexual and reproductive health and rights of all persons in the Asia Pacific region are respected, protected and fulfilled.
To mobilize civil society advocacy across the region to hold governments and other stakeholders accountable for their obligations and commitments to realize the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all persons in Asia and the Pacific.
OUR LONG TERM GOALS
APA's long term goals are to:
- To increase access of all persons in the Asia Pacific region, particularly from marginalized and underserved communities, to quality sexual and reproductive health and rights information, education and services.
- To create an enabling environment for accountability to obligations and commitments related to sexual and reproductive health and rights through engaging and advocating with governments and other stakeholders
- To mobilize support and build commitment of diverse stakeholders engaged in sustainable development, to advance the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all persons.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The APA Value Statement
- We believe in a world where everyone can enjoy their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) free from coercion, violence and discrimination.
- We believe in eliminating inequalities and addressing all disparities in access to SRHR services, information and education.
- We believe in the elimination of stigma and discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, religion, employment, disability, HIV and TB or other status
- We believe in accountability processes that are robust, participatory and transparent.
- We believe in working in partnership with governments and other stakeholders to build strong and open institutions that address structural inequalities.
- We believe in people-centered development, by the people and for the people